As web developer, you will need CMS to manage your website and its content. In this case, Joomla is the best choice. This app is so famous and many developers have used it. Moreover, its open-source access becomes great benefits since all functions and features are mostly free. With this, you will have no problems in developing the app. However, you may need some tips and tricks to master the features of this CMS.
The Useful Tips and Trick using Joomla
In fact, some beginners will face some problems in using Joomla. Even, some experienced developers still need to adapt the functions, features, and interface. So, it is normal if you still have to struggle in using this CMS. Now, check the tips and tricks below.
- Global Check-in
In managing website, you will need access to edit and manage contents. There are also plugins, modules, and categories to edit. In this case, you will need access to use global check-in of Joomla. Just follow these steps.
- Go to System and open Global Check-in.
- You will find some items with column of check list.
- Select all those items by accessing the rows of “Database Table”.
- Then, you only need to click on “check-in” button. You will get access to edit.
- Display name of website
This can be tricky way to show website’s name in browser bar. You need to set this, so visitors will be able to recognize the tab refers to your site. Here are the steps.
- Access the System and open the menu of Global Configuration.
- You will find section of SEO Settings. Just scroll the lower part and find “Site Name in Page Titles.”
- Find option of “after” and “before”. You can choose it to show whether your site name appear after or before the name of article.
- Save the setting and close.
- Duplicate Module
This is important feature to use. You can duplicate setting and format of module to apply the same setting on other place. Follow these steps.
- Find Extension and Open it. Then, open Modules.
- Find modules that you want to duplicate and choose or click the button “Duplicate”.
- Use the duplication and edit new module. You may also make some adjustment.
- Setting of HTTPS
It is necessary to have HTTPS for your web. To get this, you need valid SSL certificate and it must be installed in your web. Then, you need to talk to hosting provider to enable the certificate. When it is done, you only need to follow the steps.
- Go to System and open Global Configuration.
- Find section of “Server Setting” then “Force HTPPS”. Once you find it, there is option there and choose the “Entire Site”.
- Save the setting and close it.
Those are some useful tips and tricks to manage some parts of Joomla. These are only some of the menus and features. At least by knowing these points, you will know some essential parts in managing and editing your web and its setting.